Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mini to Winn(ee)

The car business is strange.  Sometimes you can work and work and get zilch and other times you simply are at the right place at the right time and hit a home run!  Either way it's a lot of hours, and a lot of time spent away from home.  How is the car biz strange?  For one, selling cars is like those guys at Pawn Stars say, "you never know, what's gonna walk through that door."

Seriously true!  This month has been a roller-coaster for me helping my customers simply fill a need in their lives.  I feel somewhat honored that these people have come to me and confided in my abilities as a salesperson to help them out.  Put it this way- my month has consisted of selling a vehicle to: a man who hasn't driven in two years and has to have a breathalyzer put on his new car before he gets his license, a nice family from Italy who has moved here temporarily to do work as an electrical engineer (lots of paperwork for that one!), a nice older man who wanted a truck (OK that was pretty standard), a woman who just won $10,000 playing the Oregon lottery, and two groups of people who got in pretty serious car accidents!  All I did was wake up those days, put on my selling shoes and went to work.

Each time there were concerns, there were struggles and obstacles I had to overcome.  But in the end there was a point on the board and a minimum commission.  WOOHOO!  In truth, I am providing a service by giving people what they need (and also what they want), but in this economy where people are keeping their cars longer and being very smart with their money I will happily take what I can get.

So I will continue my quest to be the best car salesman I can be.  After a year I can say I've learned a lot, but there are more closes I can practice, more product knowledge I can gain, and more customers to deliver excellent service to.

Happy driving! 



No comments:

Post a Comment